Team JDRF participants join in on the fun of the Stadium Challenge through stairs, sweat, music and most importantly, moments! This is your moment to fundraise and help turn type one into type none! The JDRF Stadium challenge is a unique fitness challenge unlike any other event in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. There’s something for everyone at this event with three courses ranging from 1,000 steps to a 5KM walk/run.
1K: This course consists of approximately 1,000 steps around the lower deck of Target Field (The equivalent of roughly a 50-story skyscraper). This course will be timed but it will NOT be competitive. No finisher awards will be given out.
2K: This course consists of approximately 2,000 steps around the upper deck of Target Field (The equivalent of roughly a 100-story skyscraper). This course is timed AND competitive. Trophies will be given out to the top three men and women finishers for the following age groups: Under 17, 18-39, 40+.
5KM: This course is a flat course, roughly 8 times around the main concourse of Target Field, that participants may choose to walk, jog or run. This course will be timed but it will NOT be competitive. No finisher awards will be given out.
Whichever course you choose, be sure to join the after party on the Goose Island Deck. ALL participants will receive a light meal, the option to purchase beer and non-alcoholic beverages and a view of beautiful downtown Minneapolis.
When you join Team JDRF, we’re committed to supporting you with fundraising support before and throughout the event weekend. Know that you every step you take brings us closer to our finish line—a world without T1D.
Registration is now open!
Team JDRF is a partnership: you commit to raising a minimum of $100 and in exchange, JDRF provides you with support and fun perks in the months leading up to and throughout the JDRF Stadium Challenge. Upon registering, you are asked to choose one of three courses, 1K (approximately 1,000 steps), 2K (approximately 2,000 steps) or a 5KM run/walk. Team JDRF is pleased to offer a course designed for all skill levels!
When you join Team JDRF at any course you will receive:
• Commemorative finisher memento*
• Team JDRF performance t-shirt if you raise $250 by August 3.*
• Stadium Challenge timed bib*
• An after party at the Goose Island Party Deck – food included!*
• Personal fundraising page and one on one fundraising support
• And much more!
• Approximately 1,000 steps around the lower deck of Target Field (The equivalent of roughly a 50-story skyscraper).
• This course will be timed but it will NOT be competitive. No finisher awards will be given out.
• Minimum fundraising requirement = $100
• This course consists of approximately 2,000 steps around the upper deck of Target Field (The equivalent of roughly a 100-story skyscraper).
• This course is timed AND competitive. Trophies will be given out to the top three men and women finishers for the following age groups: Under 17, 18-39, 40+.
• Minimum fundraising requirement = $100
• This course is a flat course, roughly 8 times around the main concourse of Target Field, that participants may choose to walk, jog or run. This course will be timed but it will NOT be competitive. No finisher awards will be given out.
• Minimum fundraising requirement = $100
• Select this participation type if you can’t attend the event but want to take virtually participate in the Stadium Challenge from wherever you might be on event day.
• Raise $50 and get commemorative finisher memento
• Raise $150 by August 3 to receive a Team JDRF performance t-shirt
• Raise $500 and name to be featured on jumbotron at Target Field that you will receive a picture of after the event
Registration Fee is $30
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Kris Van Osnabrugge.
*These benefits apply to all participation types but the Virtual Participant type (see those benefits above)
Team JDRF events are designed for runners and walkers from all over the country to come together and meet new people in a fun, energetic atmosphere while being surrounded by the T1D community! After all your dedication, fundraising, and training, you’ll come together on event day and have a fun-filled experience with memories to last a lifetime.
Friday, August 3, 2018
• $250 fundraising deadline to receive a Team JDRF singlet on event day
Thursday, August 30, 2018
• 4:30 PM: Check-in opens: You can begin your challenge as soon as you check-in
• 5:00 PM: Goose Island Deck opens for food and beverage service
• 6:30 PM: Check-in closes
• 6:30 PM: 2K course closes
• 7:00 PM: Courses close
• 7:00 PM: Trophy Presentation
• 8:30 PM: Goose Island Deck closes
Check-in is located inside Target Field Gate 29, just off the plaza, on 7th Street.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
At the completion of your course, participants will receive a light meal on the Goose Island Party Deck and the option to purchase beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
There is ample amount of parking located around Target Field. Click here to view the options at Target Field.
The Top 50 fundraisers, as of August, 27th, will get a free parking spot underneath Target Field. Enter the Stadium the way the players do!
Who can participate?
All participants must be at least 8 years or older by race day.
Does the $30 registration fee count towards my fundraising?
No. The $30 required registration fee helps cover the administrative costs of the event and does not count toward your $100 fundraising minimum.
When do the courses open and close?
All courses open at 4:30 PM when check in begins. The 2K course will close at 6:30 PM. The 1K and 5KM close at 7 PM.
Is there a fundraising minimum?
Yes, as a participant, you'll commit to a fundraising minimum $100. In exchange, JDRF will provide you with support during the months and weeks leading up to the Stadium Challenge.
Is there a deadline for meeting my fundraising minimums?
Yes. We understand that you may feel unsure about whether you will be able to do it. If you follow the recommended guidelines and use the fundraising resources JDRF provides, you will be more successful than you think! Contact your JDRF Staff Member if you need additional assistance brainstorming ideas to help you reach your goals. Not to worry though, if you don’t reach your minimum, which we know you will exceed, you have 30 days after the event to continue raising funds!
What if I need to drop from the race?
Any participant dropping after 30 days from their event date, for any reason, will be responsible for completing 75% of their fundraising minimum. Registration fees are non-transferable and non-refundable. Any donations received will remain in the participant’s account. Transferring of money to any other participant’s account is not permitted.
Isn’t it hard to meet the fundraising requirement?
Not according to our One Walk and Ride to Cure Diabetes participants! Once you start contacting people, you will be surprised how quickly the money (and the admiration) rolls in. JDRF has created powerful online fundraising tools to make it easier for you to reach your goal, and your JDRF staff member will help you with materials, ideas and support as you meet and exceed your goal.
Will I have help fundraising?
Yes! Every participant has the support and help of the fundraising experts at their local chapter who are with them every step of the way, from the first donation to the day you exceed your minimum and increase your goal. In addition, the Team JDRF endurance program has a library of tools and tips that every registered participant has access to.
If you have any questions about your ability to meet your fundraising minimum, contact Kris Van Osnabrugge and we are happy to talk fundraising with you.
What is Team JDRF?
Team JDRF provides entry into some of the country’s most exciting challenge events. Join a team that’s united in the common purpose of creating a world without type 1 diabetes.
Designed for JDRF supporters of all fitness levels, Team JDRF is a partnership. Participants commit to raising a minimum dollar amount, and in exchange JDRF provides support and leading up to and throughout the challenge event.